- Quantity: 150 g
- Vegan & Cruelty-free
- Certifications: EWG Verified ™, ECOLOGO, PETA
- Plant-based materials, natural ingredients
- Free of harmful substances
- Safe for corals
- Best seller
Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 forms a physical barrier that protects against both UVB/UVA sun rays, so your baby and kids can enjoy the sun safely. This mineral sunscreen for kids is crafted with worry-free, natural ingredients like non-nano zinc oxide, for the safest sun care there is.
EWG VERIFIED™ and rated first in EWG’s best sunscreen moisturizers’ list.
Hypoallergenic - the product has no allergic effect and is safe for sensitive skin.
Attitude packaging is made of HDPE # 2 plastic - the easiest to recycle and re-create the product.
Ecologo Certified ™: Sustainable and biodegradable sunscreen.
PETA certified: 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
For each product purchased, Attitude will plant a tree in partnership with two leading nonprofit tree planting organizations, Eden Reforestation and One Tree Planted.
What is zinc oxide?
Zinc oxide is a mineral that proudly bears the EWG seal of approval and is considered the safest sunscreen filter. Non-nano zinc oxide creates a physical barrier to block the sun’s UVA and UVB rays and therefore offers broad-spectrum protection.
What is the difference between mineral sunscreen and traditional sunscreen?
There are two types of UV filters: chemical and physical. Chemical filters use active ingredients that the skin absorbs to block UV rays and protect the skin. Physical (or mineral) filters create a physical barrier on the skin to block UV rays. According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG), zinc oxide is considered the safest physical filter.
Why use a mineral sunscreen made with a zinc oxide filter?
While titanium dioxide is often used in mineral sunscreens, it provides only partial UV protection. Zinc oxide, on the other hand, offers broad spectrum coverage (UVA and UVB). According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG), zinc oxide is the most resonant choice of sunscreen. For an effective non-bleaching product, it is important to ensure a sufficiently high concentration of non-nano zinc oxide.
- Mineral sunscreen made as the safest option according to EWG experts: 100% non-nano zinc oxide.
- EWG VERIFIED ™ and the best rated moisturizing sunscreen on the EWG Skin Deep® cosmetics database.
- Certified by Ecologo: Biodegradable sunscreen and environmentally friendly.
- PETA certified: Not tested on animals.
- Natural ingredients only: Made from plants and minerals - vegan.
- Reef-friendly sunscreen: Free of oxybenzone, octinoxate and benzophenone-3 (BP-3) - potentially harmful ingredients for coral reefs.
- Free of 4MBC and butylparaben, ingredients that disrupt the endocrine system.
- Free of PEGs such as PEG-100 stearate and PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, contaminated with cancer-causing chemicals.
- Free of phenoxyethanol, parabens, formaldehyde or formaldehyde, benzyl alcohol and MIT - preservatives of concern.
- It offers a wide range of UVA and UVB protection.
- Hypoallergenic sunscreen and dermatologically tested.
- Non-greasy, transparent and easy to apply.
How to use it?
Mineral sunscreen does not penetrate completely into the skin like chemical sunscreen, it is designed to stay on the surface of the skin and protect from UV rays. Therefore, it is normal for the texture to be denser during application.
For a pleasant mineral sun protection experience, here are some tips:
- Apply 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Make sure skin is well hydrated.
- Do not apply the cream on wet skin.
- Apply a small amount of cream on the different areas of the skin and spread it gradually with the palm of your hand.
- If a white layer is still noticeable, continue rubbing to distribute the cream better.
- Reapply at least after every 2 hours of normal activity, after 40 minutes of swimming or sweating and immediately after towel drying.
- Ask your doctor for use in children under 6 months of age.
Country of origin: Canada
Attitude = Clean products, less plastic and more trees
Canada-based company that develops natural personal care and household products dedicated to promoting healthy living. Inspired by their own families, they saw an opportunity to create a range of household products exclusively with natural ingredients that worked as well, if not better, than synthetic options. Attitude is transforming the way industry works. They create all products end-to-end. Vertically integrated and working with their own in-house lab.
Attitude wants to make the world a healthier, more sustainable place to live for a better future.
Products with ingredients that bring benefits to families. Attitude products always have the least impact on the environment and families’ health. Containing no ingredients of concern; such as cancer-causing chemicals, mutagens and endocrine disruptors. All products are made with natural, plant- and mineral-based ingredients that have the least impact on families and the planet. Clean ingredients are developed with EWG's strictest standards in mind. EWG VERIFIED™ ingredients, the entire line of Attitude products are with the highest quality and eco-conscious standards. Products are also ECOLOGO® and PETA Certified, hypoallergenic, vegan and cruelty-free.
Attitude is on a mission to reduce the use of plastic by using biodegradable packaging and Bulk sizes, strongly believing that reducing single-use plastic in daily routine can bring real change.
Their sustainable vision is to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Reforest to help protect the planet.
They also include their clients to take part in the change to build a better future. For each product sold, Attitude commits to plant a tree in collaboration with two major non-profit organizations specialized in reforestation: Eden Reforestation Projects and One Tree Planted.